These Paleo omelets can make a fabulous weekend brunch.
Experiment with different vegetables and meats! Try spinach, onions, diced tomatoes, chorizo, ground beef, pieces of chicken, roasted red bell peppers, red onions or avocado.
Don’t forget to try different spices as well: garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper if you like spicy food, sage, basil, even oregano, onion powder, even turmeric.
The most important thing that make a break your omelet is the HEAT. Be patient, cook them on low so they don’t burn, and you will be able to roll them up nicely.
Ingredients for 2 large Paleo omelets
- 8 large eggs
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 4 bacon strips
- minced dried onion – to taste
- Celtic sea salt – to taste
- black pepper – to taste
- Mesquite seasoning – to taste
- 1 bunch watercress
- coconut oil
Here’s how you do it very fast:
1. In a large skillet, cook the mushrooms and the bacon in 2 tbs of coconut oil.
2. Preheat another skillet on LOW (important!) with coconut oil.
3. In a bowl, beat 4 eggs with spices to taste.
4. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook on low. Sprinkle them with the chopped green onions.
5. When the omelet is near-ready, add 2 strips of bacon, half of the pan fried mushroom some watercress.
6. Roll up carefully.
7. Repeat the process with the second omelet.
8. Serve with more watercress and avocado (optional).
Like my recipes? Don’t forget to sign up for my mailing list to receive great recipes and tips on Paleo fat loss! If you are new or semi-new to Paleo, I strongly recommend kicking things off with the fabulous 5 week PaleoFlip program.