I found this recipe on the facebook page post of a fitness model Ashley Horner. 2 ingredients – 1 banana and 2 eggs. That’s it. I was intrigued as I’ve been battling the perfect pancakes for quite some times.
Off topic but if you were wondering – yes, I have a fetish for checking out fitness models. I think we, women, do it more than we care to admit. I love admiring other women and the inspiration that comes from it. Ultimately any true motivation has to come from within, but looking at someone this fit points the brain in the right direction.
Back to the pancakes – you have to try them. Or wait for Blooming Beets Kitchen, the first Boulder paleo restaurant, to open, I’ll make them for you.
Let’s cook them up!
Ingredients – for 1 person batch
The two ingredient pancakes
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
Optional: the 3 ingredient topping – inspired by Mark Sisson’s recipe in Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings and Toppings
- 7 medium strawberries
- 4 tbs of melted pastured or grass fed butter
- optional sweetener: 1/3 banana or a 1/2 tbs of maple syrrup or honey
1. Mix the eggs and the banana in a blender
2. fry small pancakes (the smaller the easier it is to flip them) on a skillet preheated on low-medium with generous amount of coconut oil. Flip them when bronze and cook on the other side.
3. Prepare the topping: melt butter and mix with strawberries and sweetener in a blender. Pour over pancakes.
That’s it! It doesn’t get any more simple than this.